She was fast asleep on the terrace of her house in Dhanbad, Jharkhand, on the night of April 22, 2003, when she felt the burning liquid splashed on her – melting away the flesh on her face, neck, the right part of her chest and lower torso… That horrific acid attack on Mukherjee when she was barely 18 also ended her dreams of a beautiful future. The attackers were 3 men who stalked her. She needs financial and moral help to rehabilitate.
Please help Sonali in her 9 year old fight for justice. With money and support, everyone becomes fearless but to stay strong in lack of it all is what makes a person Brave.
I salute Sonali and humbly request you to help her with funding, she is in urgent need of at least 12-15 lakhs for her operations and lawyer.
Additionally, Dr. Nanda, her plastic surgeon, Safdarjung wants the following for Sonali’s treatment:
These items are available with Myovatec Surgical Systems Pvt. Ltd. Kalkaji extension.
1. Artificial ear implant -01 nos – cost 26250.00
2. tissue extender – 03 nos – cost 1,13,400.00
As little as Rs. 100 per person and amongst 3400 of us we may have raised 3,40,000. what are you waiting for? Let’s do it!!
How can you help?
- You can do net transfer or go to any branch of PNB and post a cheque to this account.
Chandi Das Mukherjee
Account Number: 0612000103217964
IFSC Code: PUNB0061200
Punjab National Bank, Nauroji Nagar, New Delhi
- You can also contact her brother debashish in Dhanbad at 09437638600 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- You can also donate through this online service: http://www.indiegogo.com/acid-attack-victim
- You can also sign this petition. http://petitions.halabol.com/2012/07/15/justice-and-life-sonali-mukherjee-acid-attack-victim
- You can join the Facebook Page, created by acclaimed Journalist, Abhay Chawla: http://www.facebook.com/groups/344403658968111/
This is her statement to the media, “I am in extreme pain since the incident and don’t have the capacity to withhold it anymore – neither the money nor the hope. My father, Chandi Das Mukherjee, has spent everything we had to keep me alive – land, jewellery, everything! My treatment has already cost us 12-15 lakhs, as a result of which we owe a lot of money to our relatives. The medical authorities require another 10-15 lakhs for my further treatment. Additionally, substantial amount of money has been spent on the court cases. Therefore, I demand either justice and help in treatment or permission to end my life. If there is any possibility of getting my rightful life back, then please help me by signing this plea of mine to the prime leaders of this country.”
Do leave comments if you have helped her in any way and let us know of more victims we could try and help. If Justice For Women is what you all want, let’s Give it to her, Help her!
P.S. If you know of any corporate/charity/indivisual that may be willing to pick up the tab, do contact Sonali on the above-mentioned number.