- EXCLUSIVE: Uterus removal scam unearthed in Bihar
- Bangalore: Father poisons 20 day-old baby to death
- Media houses paid money to incite rapes, suicides: Mamata Banerjee
- Widow paraded half-naked in Bihar by her sons, daughters-in-law
Posts Tagged ‘molested’
Tags: boys, community, crime, dignity, eveteasing, fight, gender, gender equality, girl, girls, harrassment, human rights, Human trafficking, independence, india, iran, justice, justice for women, khap panchayat, men, minors, molestation, molested, mumbai, Nepal, nude parade, panchayat, respect, sex, sexual harassment, Sexual slavery, Slavery, society, stripped, suicide, teenager, under 18, under age, women, women atrocities, women rights, young adults girls before 18
This post comprises of news-links about crime committed against young adults or girls below the age of 18 years. Newer links on top.
- Mumbai: Girl stripped, paraded naked by neighbours; kills self
- After being stopped by police, clicked by media, girl commits suicide
- 11-year-old girl set ablaze by nine persons succumbs to burn injuries
- Nepal native raped minor repeatedly for 23 days; jailed for 7 yrs
- Iran moves to legalize marriage for girls under 10 years old
- Panchayat prohibits girls from carrying mobile phones
- Teenager gangraped in moving car; culprits still at large
Do send us more links so we can regularly update this post on our Twitter and/or our Facebook group.
Tags: crime, dignity, ethics, eveteasing, family, father, females, help, india, justice, justice for women, letter, men, mob, molestation, molested, northeast, public places, rape, sex, sexual harassment, son, upbringing, values, women
Tags: community, constitution, crime, eveteasing, female, females, fight, fight for our rights, gender, gender equality, girl, girls, government, guwahati, help, human rights, independence, india, indian penal code, justice, justice for women, laws, males, men, mob, molestation, molested, northeast, public places, rape, respect, rights, sexual harassment, society, women rights
I don’t want to write, not a single word.
I want to say that there is nothing more to be said, after the Guwahati incident.
But unfortunately, we will move on. Even this shameful terrifying incident will not change anything.
We will close this chapter and again read feverishly about girls getting scholarships, flying aeroplanes and breaking the glass ceiling.
We will want desperately to believe that all this is the truth and will lull ourselves into this belief.
For a while , till another ‘Guwahati’ happens.
Because it will.
And this time we cannot blame the government, too bad but there it is.
We have only ourselves to blame so naturally that door is closed, as we are cowards.
Mental cowards who cannot face the truth and physical cowards who cannot protect the weak.
Women are not weak per se I want to say this but can’t in all truthfulness.
Deterioration of status of women is being seen and felt by each one of us.
I have always maintained that the day is not far off when women will become commodities again.
Just STOP accepting the unacceptable right now.
Otherwise be prepared for the return of auction block and sale of women as slaves.